Training & Scholarships
NSW DPI Viticulture Scholarship
UPDATE: These scholarships have had to be postponed due to COVID regulations, but will still take place at a late date so do please still contact us to express interest.
As an initiative of the NSW DPI Viticulture Skills Development Program, NSW DPI and the NSWWIA is offering ten scholarships to attend the AWRI Advanced Viticulture Course (an intensive 3-day course) in Adelaide and surrounding wine regions on either 11–13 October or 18-20 October 2021.
The scholarships are open to any NSW wine industry participant, whether they be a young / mid-career viticulturist who is looking to broaden their viticultural knowledge and skills or a more experienced viticulturist capable of driving practice changes within their region.
The scholarships cover:
- course fees to the AWRI Advanced Viticulture Course (usually $2600)
- travel to and from Adelaide (and accommodation if required).
Preference for eligibility to the AWRI Advanced Viticulture Course will be given to:
- VineWatch subscribers
- members of the NSW WIA or regional association (or an employee of a member).
Applicants must be available to attend the AWRI Advanced Viticulture Course dates in October, including travel arrangements on either side of those dates.
How do I apply?
To apply e-mail a brief (150 words) cover letter to Angus Barnes at email@example.com outlining:
- reason(s) for applying
- demonstrated ability in the NSW wine industry
- future ambition
- potential benefits to the NSW wine industry
- NSW viticulture work history and awards.