About NSW Wine
Our Industry Association
The New South Wales Wine Industry Association (NSWWIA) is the peak body representing the NSW Wine industry and was formed in 1994 at the request of the NSW State Government following a roundtable meeting of all 16 New South Wales wine regions.
Members agreed on a need for the NSW wine industry to speak with a single, powerful voice on grape growing and winemaking issues. The Association is now commonly known as ‘NSW Wine’ and acts as an advocate and conduit between industry and the New South Wales Government and the 16 NSW wine regions, as well as representing the New South Wales wine industry at a Federal level with national industry bodies such as Wine Australia and Australian Grape & Wine.
The Association’s motto is;“NSW - Australia's First State of Wine”.
Objectives of the Association
- Be a peak industry body for the NSW wine industry, making representations to Government and to national industry bodies, and other appropriate wine industry or associated organisations
- Have a state-wide voice on current Industry issues, developments and directions, reflecting associated NSW regional views
- Represent the NSW wine producers and wine grape growers in industrial, technical, commercial and political situations which affect the State and National industry
- Promote NSW wine; foster education, promotion and understanding of the importance of wine in NSW
- Lobby State and National bodies emphasising viticultural research and development
- Advance the interests of the NSW wine Industry, and those of its members
Going forward, NSW Wine has clearly defined priorities:
- Develop and execute actions arising from the MoU
- Revamp internal and external communications plan
- Strengthen relationships with:
- Wine Australia
- State Government departments
- Be the major conduit body for wine information in NSW
- Help grow sustainable grape and wine operations in NSW
- Create partnerships in order to extract greater value for members
The Association has various standing and ad hoc working committees including:
- Research Development Extension and Biosecurity
- Wine Tourism and Promotion
- Education & Training
- Government relations and licensing
Click on the link below to download the Constitution of the NSW Wine Industry Association.
Acknowledgement of Country
NSW Wine acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.