About NSW Wine
Our Industry Association
The New South Wales Wine Industry Association (NSWWIA) was formed in 1994 at the request of the NSW State Government following a meeting of the New South Wales wine regions.
Representatives at the meeting agreed to form a peak lobby group to act as the conduit between industry and the New South Wales Government, and to represent New South Wales at the Federal level through the Winemakers Federation of Australia.
Members agreed on a need for the NSW wine industry to speak with a single, powerful voice on grape growing and winemaking issues. The Association is now commonly known as ‘NSW Wine’.
The Association’s motto is;“NSW - Australia's First State of Wine”.
Objectives of the Association
- Be a peak industry body for the NSW wine industry, making representations to Government and to Winemakers Federation of Australia, and other appropriate wine industry or associated organisations
- Have a state-wide voice on current Industry issues, developments and directions, reflecting associated NSW regional views
- Represent the NSW wine producers and wine grape growers in industrial, technical, commercial and political situations which affect the State and National industry
- Promote NSW wine; foster education, promotion and understanding of the importance of wine in NSW
- Lobby State and National bodies emphasising viticultural research and development
- Advance the interests of the NSW wine Industry, and those of its members
Going forward, NSW Wine has clearly defined priorities:
- Develop and execute actions arising from the MoU
- Revamp internal and external communications plan
- Strengthen relationships with:
- Wine Australia
- State Government departments
- Be the major conduit body for wine information in NSW
- Help grow sustainable grape and wine operations in NSW
- Partner with Destination Wine in order to extract greater value for members
The Association has various standing and ad hoc working committees including:
- Research & Development
- Wine Tourism and Promotion
- Water and Resources
- Education & Training
Click on the link below to download the Constitution of the NSW Wine Industry Association.
Acknowledgement of Country
NSW Wine acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.