Export Fund - MoU
NSW Wine Export Partnership: Phase 2
Off the back of the highly successful Phase 1 of the ‘NSW Wine Export Partnership Program’, supported by NSW Government, we are excited to announce Phase 2, which will run from December 2022 to June 2023 and focus on the UK and Japan.
Just in case you missed Phase 1, click below for a presentation recap of the activities conducted and some of the early results achieved. This proved to be an enormous success and it will be critical to maintain momentum moving forward.
We encourage all NSW wineries to consider joining, whether you are a new or existing exporter to these markets. This program is open to new and previous participants. Deadline for registration is 1 December 2022.
The program is heavily funded by the NSW Government and managed by NSW Wine.
The overall value is $20,000 + per participant over 8 months. Participants will be required to contribute $4000 + GST, offering an amazing return on investment for a unique opportunity to increase your export sales.
WHAT WILL PHASE 2 LOOK LIKE?
The program will cover:
- Business coaching and mentoring - 4 x 1hr blocks from industry expert Simon West of Fullglass
- Prowein Dusseldorf (19-21 March 2023) - Regional booth and Masterclass
- Access to a comprehensive database of UK and Japan importers/distributors
- Participation in a UK Trade Visit (22-24 March 2023) including:
- UK NSW Wine Ambassador – access to ‘Bert Blaize’, the NSW Government’s Wine Ambassador, and his support at Prowein Dusseldorf 2023 and on the ground in the UK
- UK Trade Tasting at ‘67 Pall Mall’ – including all event costs
- UK Trade dinner with 20 x importers/distributors/retailers
- UK marketing activity (social media, education and tastings)
- Access to Public Relations company in London to raise your profile
- Japan Trade Visit (late-April) – business development visit focussed on trade events, education and tastings in line with UK visit
- Commissioned regional stories, written by well-respected writers for marketing
- An Online catalogue containing every participant in the program and accessible via QR code.
The program won’t cover:
- Travel costs including airfares and accomodation
- Sending samples to the respective markets
- Additional business coaching from Fullglass if required
1 - ACT NOW by registering to this program by clicking the button below and filling out your form. Registrations close on 1 December 2022.
2 - You will be contacted at the beginning of December if accepted to the program and an invoice will be sent to you before being formally onboard.
3 - Simon West will be in touch to start your business coaching and support your market preparation. This includes research, segments, channels, stories and brand pitch and working with you on the product ‘look book’.
NSW Export Fund
The 2021 Memorandum of Understanding between the NSW Government and NSW Wine Industry Association was signed in April 2021.
Included in the MoU was the plan to continue to deliver export assistance to NSW wine producers to establish them in key markets and increase their level of international competitiveness.
The NSW Government will financially support this assistance with grants totaling up to $250K.
NSW Wine allocation of grant funds by project is as follows:
$90K for NSW Wine Export Partnership Program, partnered with Hydra Consulting and Fullglass
$3K for Japan Rakuten Promotion, partnered with Investment NSW
$50k Ambassador Program UK and Japan
$31K for USA Market Entry Program
$15K for Australian Wine Discovered – Dedicated always-on education
$17K for UK Wine Australia Virtual Tasting – Regional Focus
$26K for Trade Magazine Advertorial
$15k Overall Project Management
Click below to see a document containing full details.