Export Fund - MoU
NSW Export Fund
The 2021 Memorandum of Understanding between the NSW Government and NSW Wine Industry Association was signed in April 2021.
Included in the MoU was the plan to continue to deliver export assistance to NSW wine producers to establish them in key markets and increase their level of international competitiveness.
The NSW Government will financially support this assistance with grants totaling up to $250K.
NSW Wine allocation of grant funds by project is as follows:
$90K for NSW Wine Export Development Program, partnered with Hydra Consulting and Fullglass
$3K for Japan Rakuten Promotion, partnered with Investment NSW
$50k Ambassador Program UK and Japan
$31K for USA Market Entry Program
$15K for Australian Wine Discovered – Dedicated always-on education
$17K for UK Wine Australia Virtual Tasting – Regional Focus
$26K for Trade Magazine Advertorial
$15k Overall Project Management
Click below to see a document containing full details.
NSW Wine Export Partnership
NSW Wine is launching an exciting new export support program for new or existing exporters to Japan and the UK, for products labelled under any NSW GI.
The NSW Wine Export Partnership will launch in May 2022, running for 6-months to October with major UK push and some support for exporters to Japan.
Participants in this first UK push will receive:
- An exciting new in-market trade ambassador Bert Blaize who will be supporting your brands in meetings and tastings with the on-trade and speciality off-trade
- A range of virtual and live tastings
- Great storytelling via a 600 to 800-word story commissioned for every participant
- Message targeting to media, educators and trade
- A facilitated UK market visit in September 2022 that will also enable virtual attendance if you are unable to travel.
This is an opportunity to leverage the power of working together.
For $1,970 per winery (heavily subsidised by the NSW government), up to 20 wineries will participate in a total package worth more than $140,000.
In addition to the above, participants will also receive:
- 6-hours of mentoring, planning and preparation support from Simon West and Darren Oemcke for either the Japan or the UK markets
- Access to a custom list of approximately 100 UK and 100 Japanese importers, distributors and trade contacts developed for this program
- Access to UK media and educator targeting (database of over 400)
- Be part of an electronic NSW product book
- Activation of the NSW trade commission with the brands involved in the program
- Input into planning of the market visit
- Cooperation and coordination with Wine Australia
- Ongoing identification of opportunities to leverage the participant group to increase opportunities to increase UK market presence
For in-market activations, we will segment and match participants so that meetings and tastings are tailored to the best producer-market fit, increasing the chances of successful outcomes.
There will be subsequent phases of the program from November 2022, including:
- Continued UK push and
- Commence full Japan push.
Register before COB Friday 6th May.